Sunday 13 January 2013

Day 7 - Shopping

Dukan Day: 7
Remaining Days:  57 (145 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 2.75kg
Weight To Go: 6.05kg

I'm down 0.25kg today!I wasn't expecting a loss at all... yesterday was a lazy day and I ate a lot (all Dukan-friendly though). I have noticed weight loss on my body too.... (sorry, readers... too much detail warning...) I had to readjust my bra this morning because of shrinkage. Typical... I would prefer to lose weight from my thighs! 

Some of my upper arm muscles ached this morning from yesterday's 30 Day Shred workout. Good signs! I'm going to do the DVD again today - every day for 30 days!


Something new I'm experiencing on the Dukan Diet: I'm starting to enjoy shopping!

I noticed I'm a lot less stressed in the supermarket. Before Dukan I HATED shopping for food in Japan...the supermarkets are sooo small (the isle is barely big enough to pass another person), and it is usually full of old people who walk extremely slow, and the options, especially in my tiny local supermarket, are incredibly limited (unless you are after rice and then there is an entire isle dedicated to different types of rice - an isle I can thankfully stay clear of).

I used to begrudge going to the supermarket, and would never go out purely for shopping (I would do it on my way home from work or a social meeting). I used to enter the supermarket and rush for the usual things I bought every time and dash out again - hating every second I was in there. But now, I take my time... I look closely at the food and even venture for things I haven't tried before but are Dukan friendly (different types of fish, herbs etc).

This morning I went to the supermarket, purely went out to go there unlike before, 20 minutes after it opened and stocked up on goodies. I picked up some more crab (following yesterday's success), yogurt, chicken, and several pieces of fish (salmon, mackerel and some mystery fish: 赤魚 - which my dictionary tells me is any edible red saltwater fish, or red rockfish, or pacific ocean perch - its times like these in Japan that you give up trying to guess what it is and just eat it!).

Today's lunch was yummy! Chicken in soy sauce with brocolli, green beans and a few mushrooms. I did go a bit OTT with the greens... used up the last of the packet of brocolli. 


No comments:

Post a Comment