Thursday 17 January 2013

Day 11 - Brown Rice Tea

Dukan Day: 11
Remaining Days:  53 (141 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 3.75kg
Weight To Go: 5.05kg

Today was sooo crazy! Fun, but crazy. I usually teach at junior high school, but today I visited an elementary school. The elementary school children are like tiny little balls of energy, and totally cute! I taught all morning and by the time recess was over, I was exhausted - running around and jumping ropes... how do these kids do it?!

Now I'm happily relaxing with my new favourite drink, brown rice tea (genmaicha, 玄米茶). You can read more about brown rice tea, and its benefits, here. Quiet interestingly brown rice tea is a source of manganese, which apparently "helps produce energy from protein". With such a high protein content in the Dukan Diet, I'm curious as to how the brown rice tea, if at all, is effecting my body's ability to make energy from the protein. Whether there is anything in it or not, I don't know, but I one thing is for sure is that it is helping me to get enough water every day! On these cold winter days its difficult to drink cold water... but hot tea is certainly not difficult at all. I find it also takes away any sweet cravings I have as I put sweeteners in it.



This is the brown rice tea I use. Naturally, I buy mine in Japan, and most supermarkets in Japan will probably stock this (or something similar). I also assume you can pick this up in Asian supermarkets outside Japan. I recommend giving brown rice tea a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment