Tuesday 29 January 2013

Day 23 - Pulled Muscle

Dukan Day: 23
Remaining Days:  41 (129 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 5kg
Weight To Go: 3.8kg

Almost 2 weeks ago I was doing the 30 Day Shred and although I didn't feel pain at the time, the following few days I noticed my upper back on the right side felt very uncomfortable. It was similar to a sore muscle (the kinda nice feeling you get when you've worked out hard) but lasted for longer than it should... a few days later and I was sure I'd pulled a muscle. I've pulled muscles before but usually felt the exact moment I pulled them. The last time I pulled a muscle in my shoulder blade it HURT and I couldn't sleep well for a few days but the pain went within a week. This time my pain wasn't going and nearly 2 weeks into the pain hadn't gotten better (nor worse). I was a little bit worried, especially since it was on my back (the bank kinda an important part of the body)

So today I went to the doctor about my pulled muscle. The doctor said it was a bad pull but should start getting better within two weeks (or I have to go back). He did offer me some meds but I turned them down (some over the counter pills have been doing the trick).
He recommended a small amount of exercise so I'm going to do some stretches later and some cardio.

Sorry, readers... that was the most pointless story!! I thought I had a pulled muscle... I did... it'll heal... the end! :)

I was hungry again today... got back home and cooked dinner straight away. Mackerel in soy sauce and lemon juice!! It looks like I used lots of soy sauce but I rinsed the fish and I didn't dry it off before I added the soy sauce and lemon juice - that's why the soy sauce looks so pasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment