Saturday 19 January 2013

Day 13 - Hello, Beastie!

Dukan Day: 13
Remaining Days:  51 (139 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 4kg
Weight To Go: 4.8kg

I actually showed a loss today of 0.25kg. I'm surprised! I'm on my period now and I usually retain water. So I'm not sure if I'm not retaining water or I'm losing on top of the water weight. Either way the scales are going in the right direction. I'm not experiencing super bad cravings... I did fancy some chocolate earlier but the moment soon passed as I was on my way out.
 
Today I attempted squid! It was cheap at the supermarket so I thought I'd give it a try. It was a rather scary looking beastie. (ha ha, I called it a beastie... did you see what I did there?!). I bought this baby kraken* pre-sliced because, as expected, it was super rubbery.



*This squid was from Nagasaki... I choose to believe this is a baby kraken and there is indeed a very large kraken floating around the sea off Nagasaki (caused by the atomic bombing mutating a normal squid).

I cooked it in the microwave (submerged in some water). If you do this you have to be careful you don't overcook it. I served it with a few dashes of soy sauce and lemon juice, and sprinkled with a little parsley.


This is not one of the best things I've made. I'm happy that I didn't overcook it and it wasn't very rubbery. But it lost its heat very quickly, which made it less fun to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment