Monday 28 January 2013

Day 22 - Konnyaku

Dukan Day: 22
Remaining Days:  42 (130 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 5kg
Weight To Go: 3.8kg

I have now finished 3 weeks on the Dukan Diet! I'm back on my 1-1 ratio of PP to PV. Today was the first day I felt really hungry... but I think its because I had only 1 class today so I spent a lot of time sat in the office studying.

So, I've posted a few times about shirataki noodles (the amazing high fibre, no cal, no carb, no fat, no taste noodles). Today I bring you konnyaku!! It is basically the block version of shirataki noodles and not as slimey. It is made from Konjac... what on earth is Konjac you ask!? Maybe you know the term Devil's Tongue better? It's a fairly pretty plant native to Asia but I've seen it in England before in garden centres. Anyways, I sliced/diced/got knife-happy with the konnyaku and boiled it with a flavour sachet. The first few cubes were delicious but I didn't really need to cook up the entire packet... I think it would go nicer in a stew with some other vegetables (as I've previously eaten it).


No comments:

Post a Comment