Wednesday 20 February 2013

Day 45 - うまい

Dukan Day: 45
Weight Lost: 5.5kg
Weight To Go: 3.3kg

I've seen a steady progression in weight-loss since I've been back on 1-1 ratio PP-PV plan. I'm now back to my pre-off-plan weekend (and pre-water retention) weight!


I could view this as two weeks lost due to 3 days of weakness... but I choose to look at it as a lesson: don't go off-plan!

Today I took chicken for lunch. I was eating with my students and they said my chicken looked good. Being in a good mood and with some students I'd known for a while I offered 3 of the boys some. They all said it was "うまい (umai)" (which is a really good word for expressing something is delicious) and they weren't faking (unless they were very good actors)! They then had a short discussion on it, including the flavours they could taste (which was soy sauce and parsley) and my ability to cook. 

I was really surprised that people found something I cooked delicious... I really can't cook all that well, but to hear someone say that something I cooked was good, I felt really proud! 
My tastes usually tend to be different to other people's because I can't smell, so what is good to me might not be to someone else (especially if I've cooked it to how I want).  

Maybe I can cook well after all? 

Today was return of the flounder!! I mentioned before how soft it was... it fell to pieces as I lifted it onto the plate :)


This time cooked in soy sauce (yes, I love soy sauce - its quick, its easy, its yummy - and you only need to use a small amount and still get a lot of flavour from it!). Flounder is faaarrr better in soy sauce than lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment