Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day 38 - Staffroom Snacks!

Dukan Day: 38
Remaining Days: 26 (114 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 3kg
Weight To Go: 5.8kg

I'm back on the Dukan Wagon... but no one else is! I'm finding it hard to keep on the wagon and not offend people. The people I work with at my schools are sooo sweet and are always giving me snacks and sweets... In Japan it seems as if you don't want something and try rejecting it that they assume you hate it... I don't hate it, I just don't want it right at this exact moment in time. (If I try explaining that I'm on a diet they just reply 「ダイエットしなくてもいいですよ」 - "you don't have to diet!")

The people in my office are nice, so I'm nice back and take the food - I don't want to cause drama or offend them. Sometimes I try and put the food back when no one is looking. Someone else can enjoy it that way. But sometimes it's unavoidable to eat the food in front of people at that exact moment.
 

Today's offender was Onigiri Sembei... Sembei are rice cracker thingies. When I first came to Japan I absolutely hated the taste of sembei but they grew on me over time and I quite like them now. Of course they are carb central... >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment