Saturday 2 February 2013

Day 27 - Amberjack?

Dukan Day: 27
Remaining Days: 37 (125 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 5kg
Weight To Go: 3.8kg

My weight loss has stalled somewhat this week... I noticed the needle on the scale was bobbing a little under 66kgs... but not enough for me to warrant classing it as a loss yet.

I'm eating my way through the oceans of the world...
By doing Dukan I'm eating fish I've never even heard of before! Yesterday I picked up some buri (ブリ - 鰤) at the supermarket. If you've never heard of buri, maybe you know amberjack or five-ray yellowtail? No? Me, neither!

This is what it looks like sat in the supermarket...



This is what it looks like with some lemon juice and parsley...


I quite liked it. It had a really nice texture. It's flavour wasn't so strong so I could really taste the lemon juice I cooked it in. I want to try it with soy sauce next time!

Side note: although I cook fish with the skin on, I never eat it. Most of the fat on fish can be found here and most of the toxins/chemicals the fish may of come in contact with, too.
I do however make an exception for sushi, because it tastes good and the amount of skin is usually very small.




No comments:

Post a Comment