Sunday 3 February 2013

Day 28 - White Eggs

Dukan Day: 28
Remaining Days: 36 (124 until consolidation)
Weight Lost: 5.5kg
Weight To Go: 3.3kg

Eggs... that handy little snack loved by Dukaners! You can use them in so many ways and for so many things. I usually take some boiled eggs with me to work and snack on them when I'm feeling hungry. But, what colour should they be and why are they that way?

When I was in England I was used to seeing eggs that were brown. That is the way it was. Bananas were yellow, carrots were orange, and eggs were brown.



It wasn't until I visited Canada that I first saw white eggs. I was told that was because the eggs were bleached. I didn't question it because I didn't really care that much to be honest.

Now, In Japan there is a mixture of both brown and white eggs (but white eggs seem to be more abundant). So whats the difference?


Turns out... white eggs come from white chickens and brown eggs come from brown chickens... LOL. I feel so dumb not to know that! It makes so much sense! The Internet tells me that the colour doesn't affect the quality/nutrition of the egg at all... eggs are like people... no matter the colour of your skin we all taste the same!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment